- Academic Support
- Academic Success Centers
- How to Make a Tutoring Appointment
How to use the Navigate Appointment Scheduling System
Making appointments with the Academic Success Center or Writing Center Tutors
EFSC tutors are available for online or in-person tutoring. Online tutoring via Microsoft Teams is available by appointment only. On-campus tutoring can be by appointment or on a walk-in basis (Face-to-face appointment availability varies by campus and by course. Drop-ins are welcome for on-campus tutoring, but appointments when available, may help minimize wait time). Social distancing is in place during the on-campus appointment sessions. Please follow the steps below to make an in-person or online appointment. If you are making a virtual appointment, view details on how to access the online tutoring session via MS Teams.
Appointments need to be made at least 12 hours in advance. You may only make one scheduled appointment per course, or for writing assistance, per day. If you're planning ahead, you can make an appointment up to three weeks ahead of time.
- Log in to the my EFSC Student Portal
- Click the Navigate Student Resources icon and if needed, click the "Login with your
student account" blue button to automatically be logged in to the Navigate system.
- Choose Appointments from the menu and then click the blue "Schedule Appointment" button
which will open a "New Appointment" screen on which you can choose the type of appointment.
- Choose "Academic Success Center" from the dropdown for either ASC or Writing Center
tutoring; then on the same screen in the the "Service" dropdown choose either "Course
Based Tutoring" or "Writing Assistance." Finally on that screen pick a date and click
the "Find Available Time" button to move on to the next step.
- On the screen with the small calendar, scroll as needed to find and use the "How would
you like to meet?" dropdown to choose "In Person" for an on-campus appointment or
"Virtual" for online tutoring using Microsoft Teams. If you choose "In Person" then
you should also use the "Location" field dropdown to choose your campus. That will
limit the choices in the "Staff" field dropdown to just the tutors on that campus.
For virtual tutoring that is online, you can choose from available times from any
campus tutors or use the "Staff" field dropdown to choose a specific tutor if you
- Choose from the available times that are presented once you have set those fields.
If you don't set a specific staff member, then you can choose from all of the available
times for any tutor at your preferred location.
- Once you have picked a time you will automatically be taken to the next screen to
"Review Appointment Details and Confirm." On this screen you can also change whether
the appointment will be in person or virtual and set up your email and text reminders.
- Be sure to click the blue "Schedule" button to finish scheduling your tutoring or
writing assistance appointment. A confirmation will be emailed to your student email
plus the appointment will be listed
- If your appointment is online, on your appointment day and time, use the Teams How-To page to find instructions on how to join Microsoft Teams to meet with your tutor. You
will want to choose the subject that your tutoring appointment is for.
- If you need to cancel your tutoring appointment, log back in to Navigate through the myEFSC Portal and make the cancellation through the list on your "My Appointments" tab in the Appointments section.