myGPS: Graduation Plan for Success
myGPS is an easy-to-use and mobile-friendly academic advising and degree audit tool that you can use, along with your assigned advisor, to understand your degree requirements. Easily accessed through the myEFSC Portal, myGPS lists the courses you need so that you and your advisor can create a plan for completing your educational goals.
myGPS provides an electronic audit of your progress toward a specific degree. The audit will report and track:
- Courses and credit hours earned and how they are applied toward your degree program
- Catalog requirements in effect when you declare a major
- All requirements necessary to earn a specific degree
- Transfer credits used to satisfy degree requirements
- Courses for which you are currently registered (listed as in-progress or 'REG')
- Courses that do not apply to specific degree requirements, but do apply toward overall earned hours and cumulative GPA
You can also use myGPS to do a "what if" analysis. This will allow you to see how the courses you have taken fit into a different major
so you can test the impact before making a change.
myGPS what EFSC calls Ellucian's DegreeWorks, a product integrated with Banner, the EFSC student information system, to provide powerful academic planning tools and real-time advising capabilities, giving students meaningful and consistent direction and providing students and advisors up-to-date curriculum information.
Important Note: myGPS is designed to aid and facilitate academic advising, but is not intended to replace face-to-face advising sessions. myGPS is neither an official academic transcript nor an official notification of completion of degree requirements.