- Health & Nursing Programs
- Our Programs
- Phlebotomy Application Procedure
Applying to the Phlebotomy Program
The Phlebotomy vocational certificate is a limited-access program offered by the Health Sciences Institute at EFSC. The program begins each Fall, Spring and Summer. All students must complete an EFSC application and a Health Sciences Institute - Phlebotomy Program application by the deadline listed below.
- April 1st to start in Summer (May) for Cocoa Only (Updated deadline and location)
- October 1st to start in Spring (January) for Cocoa only
- June 1st to start in Fall (August) for Cocoa and Palm Bay
If you have any questions concerning the Application procedure, please contact Health Sciences Admissions and Advising office at 321-433-7575.
Click on the categories below for complete information about applying.
Verify EFSC General Admissions Status (Current, New or Returning)
Students must be current students at Eastern Florida State College before they can apply to the Phlebotomy progam.
NEW STUDENTS: For students new to EFSC, complete the EFSC online application for admission prior to the Phlebotomy program application deadline. There is a $30 non-refundable application fee that must be paid before the application can be processed.Please note that EFSC's general application processing can take up to 14 days due to the current volume of applications. Check your email frequently for your acceptance letter.
In addition, new EFSC students need to
- Submit official High School Transcripts (or GED scores) to General Admissions.
- Submit official transcripts from any and all colleges attended prior to EFSC (if applicable)
- Provide FL Residency documentation, complete the New Student Orientation, and finalize any other EFSC General Admissions requirements.
RETURNING STUDENTS: Returning/readmit students who have not completed a course in the past year must also re-apply online. There is no application fee for a readmit application. Readmit Students need to:
- Submit official transcripts from any and all colleges attended since their last enrollment at EFSC (if applicable).
- Provide FL Residency documentation, and complete any other EFSC General Admissions requirements.
CURRENT STUDENTS: Current Students may move on to the next step.
Orientation is required for all students who are interested in applying to the Phlebotomy program.
Due to limited on-campus events because of the COVID-19 pandemic, information about how to do orientation online is provided on the orientation web page approximately a month prior to the application deadline each term.
Please complete orientation, prior to intended program start. This orientation is MANDATORY for all applicants – your application will not be considered if you did not take part.
*For questions or concerns about the orientation, please contact the Program Manager, Kristie Fuller, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit the Online Phlebotomy Program Application by the Program Deadline
Complete the online Health Sciences Institute Application for Phebotomy. The application deadlines are April 1st for a Summer 2023 Term start (May); June 1st for Fall Term Start (August) and October 1st to start in Spring Term (January). The applications must be submitted online.
There is a $25 non-refundable fee for this application that will post to your student account and that must be paid before your application is processed.
Complete the Phlebotomy Written Interview
A written interview via a questionnaire given out at orientation, or available afterward online, is required from all students interested in the program. The interview is used as a part of the selection process when there are more applicants than spots in the program. Instructions for this process and how to submit it are available on the orientation web page.