- Administration & Departments
- Information Technologies
- Microsoft 365 Information
Microsoft 365 Access Information
All currently enrolled EFSC students, and active faculty and staff, have the ability to download the Microsoft 365 ProPlus desktop Office applications for use on up to five desktop and/or mobile devices at no cost under the college's Microsoft subscription plan.
How do I download and install Microsoft 365?
Frequently Asked Questions - Click for details
Who is eligible to install Microsoft 365?
The free use of Office 365 applications on personal devices is only available to students currently enrolled in classes, plus EFSC faculty and staff. Once you graduate EFSC or are no longer employed at the college you will be able to continue to use most Office 365 applications in "view only" mode to read documents, and you will no longer be able to edit documents.
The student Outlook email account will remain available if used regularly regularly by previous students who are not currently enrolled.
What software can I download?
Eligible students and faculty and staff will be able to download Microsoft Office ProPlus applications on up to five devices (PC, Mac, and/or mobile device). These applications include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access and Publisher.
Application suites vary by platform. For example, Microsoft Access is not available on Mac and Chromebook devices.
What are the minimum system requirements for Microsoft 365?
Visit the Microsoft 365 and Office Resources web page for the most up-to-date information related to requirements when using the applications through under the college's no-cost subscription plan.
As operating systems reach the end of their life cycle, upgrading to a supported OS can be required before Microsoft 365 is compatible on a device. If upgrading is unavailable, logging into your Student Email or Faculty/Staff Email and using the web version of Microsoft 365 is an alternative option.
What happens after I graduate or leave the college's employment?
The student Outlook email account will be available for active students and if used regularly regularly by previous students who are not currently enrolled. All other Office applications will be restricted to a "view only" mode for students who graduate and faculty and staff no longer employed by EFSC.
If you wish to continue to use all the features of Office ProPlus you can continue the license by purchasing a subscription plan through Microsoft, with discounts available if the personal plan is purchased while still and active student or employee.
Where can I get additional information or help with Microsoft 365 applications?
Microsoft 365 support is available by logging into your account and clicking on the "?" icon on the top right side of the main menu. Support also is available on Microsoft's website.
You can also view these EFSC IT Knowledge Base articles:
Office 365 ProPlus Installation Support
How do I install Microsoft 365 on my mobile device?
- Go to your app store on your mobile device (iTunes for iOS devices, Google Play for Android)
- Search for Office Mobile for Office 365 Subscribers (Note: On iPad, you may need to change search setting to "iPhone apps only." The iPhone app can be used on iPads, but is not compatible on 1st and 2nd generation iPads.)
- Install each separate app, as applicable, on your device.
- After the installation is complete, open the app.
- When prompted, enter your Titan student email address. Select Organization account and type your Titan student email password.
How do I deactivate one of my Office 365 installed device licenses?
- Begin by logging into your Student Email or Faculty/Staff Email directly or via the myEFSC Portal.
- While in your Microsoft 365 account, click your profile picture located in the upper right corner (You may see your initials or profile picture).
- Select View account.
- On the next page, there will be a Devices section with a Manage Devices link to select.
- Proceed with deactivating the licenses you no longer want active.
Are discounts available for Microsoft 365?
Current students, faculty and staff can visit the Microsoft website for discount information on Microsoft 365 subscriptions.