Transient Student Enrollment
A transient student is someone who’s currently enrolled at another college or university who will register for courses at Eastern Florida State College on a temporary, term-by-term basis, and who will not pursue a degree at EFSC. You’re interested in taking a class or classes to earn credits that you can transfer or to increase your knowledge.
The steps in the accordion below outline the application and course registration process for students from other institutions who want to take transient courses at EFSC, with different processes in Step 1 based on whether you attend a Florida public institution or are a private college or out-of-state student.
If you are a current Eastern Florida student who wants to take courses at another institution, visit our Registrar's Office page for guidance.
Important Note: The Admissions Team is available to assist you. Stop by Campus for walk-in assistance, or make an appointment to minimize your wait, plus assistance is available by phone at 321-433-7300 and can answer most questions. Visit the Admission's Contact Information page for details, hours and how to make an on-campus appointment or email your questions. Prospective students can also schedule an on-campus, virtual or phone appointment with a recruitment specialist using our Future Student Appointment Scheduler. Also check out our enrollment-related events such as campus tours, open houses and info sessions.
Click each step to reveal the details.
Steps to Enrollment
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Students from Florida state public colleges and universities need to:
- Visit the "Take a course at another school section" of the FloridaShines website. Once on that floridashines.org web page, read the information and then click the link called "Apply or Check Application Status Now." A new online form must be provided through FloridaShines every term that you take a course at EFSC as a transient student. The FloridaShines system will email you as your request progresses through your home school and EFSC, plus you can log into FloridaShines and check the status at any time.
Students from Florida private and out-of-state schools should follow the steps below:
- Apply using EFSC's Online Application System
- Pay the one-time, non-refundable $30 application fee online by credit card or in person by cash or check. If paying in person you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to pay the fee by cash or check at a Campus Cashiers office.
- Be sure to complete the Florida Residency Declaration for Tuition purposes in combination with the Eastern Florida Application for Admission and submit with your residency documents to the campus you select as your primary campus. Campus admission office addresses are on the Residency Information sheet and on our main admissions contact page.
- Submit a transient letter or letter of good standing from your home institution. This can be mailed to an EFSC Admissions Office or you can submit it using the electronic Student Document Dropbox once you have a log in to the myEFSC Portal where the dropbox system is located.
Please note that application processing can take up to 14 days due to the current volume of applications. Check your email frequently for your acceptance letter.
Step 2: Consider completing student orientation.
While not mandated for transient students, orientation through our easy-to-use online system is recommended for all students. It’s an introduction to life at Eastern Florida.
Step 3: Enroll for courses, pay your fees, get your Student ID card, parking decal & books.
- Registering for classes online is the easiest way to go if you do not have any holds on your account. Visit the Class Schedule for current course listings.
- Check out the Tuition & Fees section for information on paying fees.
- Student ID cards are available at any EFSC Campus Security Office for free by presenting your class registration and a photo ID. This ID also will be your library card and replacing a lost card costs $10.
- A Student Parking Permit is required to park on any EFSC Campus. The annual cost is $40 (plus tax) for a decal that covers Fall, Spring and Summer terms each academic year and $20 (plus tax) for a decal purchased in a Spring or Summer term that covers both terms. Getting the permit involves a two-step process to generate a temporary permit online and then pick up the permit at your campus security office.
- EFSC Bookstores offer on-campus service and online ordering. At least 30 days prior to the first day of class for each term, EFSC posts a list of course materials required for each course offered during the upcoming term. You can find the list at the bookstore's "Find Course Materials" page, which will include the International Standard Book Number (ISBN) for each required textbook or other identifying information, the title, all authors listed, publishers, edition number, copyright date and published date.
FloridaShines — the Florida Student Hub of Innovative Educational Services — is a service of the
Florida Virtual Campus. High school and college students, parents and counselors use
this free Florida Department of Education website to help plan and track educational
progress in Florida, plus to apply for courses at another Florida school as a transient
- Accepted Student Checklist
- Admissions & Records Contacts
- Academic Advising
- Access/Disability Services (SAIL)
- Application for Admission
- EFSC Programs & Admissions and Requirements
- Career Planning
- Check/Return to Online Application
- Class Schedule Search
- Credit for Prior Learning (LEAP)
- Florida Residency Guidelines & Affidavit
- Online Student Services Reference Guide
- Parking Permit Information
- Register Online
- Service Learning Program
- Tutorials/Student Services
- Voter Registration Info