External Testing Process
Proctoring services are available at Eastern Florida State College for people who require test proctoring services for an exam from another academic institution. If you are interested in using an EFSC Assessment Center to take an academic test for a class at another institution, please review the information below and confirm that our services completely meet the requirements of your home institution and its policies before making an appointment.
Students can select the most convenient Assessment Center from the four EFSC campus locations, which are available for external testing Monday - Thursday, 9 AM to 6 PM, unless the college is closed. Each Assessment Center has a dedicated staff of testing professionals who specialize in secure test administration. All staff members share a general email for responding to requests for general information: email@example.com.
- Cocoa Campus Assessment Center: 321-433-7694
1519 Clearlake Rd, Cocoa, FL 32922, Building 1, Rooms 116-120
- Melbourne Campus Assessment Center: 321-433-5879
3865 North Wickham Road, Melbourne, FL 32935, Building 10, Room 218
- Palm Bay Assessment Center: 321-433-5229
250 Community College Parkway, Palm Bay, FL 32909, Building 2, Room 235
- Titusville Assessment Center: 321-433-7502
1311 N US 1, Titusville, FL 32796, Building 1, Room 115
Description of Services
- Proctors are available to administer either paper tests or computer-based tests.
- Assessment Centers on each campus are single-room testing labs complete with computer stations for electronically administered tests. Activity in the lab is monitored throughout all test sessions using in-person proctor supervision and live video camera feeds. Desktop-monitoring software is also used for computer-based tests.
- Computer testing stations are equipped with Microsoft Office Suite and a stable internet connection. If a test requires a lockdown browser, EFSC can provide access to the Respondus Lockdown Browser or allow the student to use the Honorlock extension in Google Chrome. Testing stations are not connected to a network with a printer. Computer-based tests are administered on an EFSC Assessment Center testing station, as student laptops will not be given internet access for accessing tests.
- Before entering the lab and beginning a test station, proctors will confirm the student’s identity with photo ID and ensure the student does not carry unnecessary items into the testing lab. Essential items for testing, including scratch paper, pencils, and calculators may be provided to the student upon request. Proctors will also allow any testing resources specified by the test administration guidelines they receive. Proctors will ask students to secure personal items such as cell phones, watches, wallets, bags, sunglass, hats, food, drinks, and other unnecessary items before arriving to the Assessment Center or store them in one of our lockers.
- Testing accommodations are available for students with documented disabilities and approved accommodations. If a student requires testing accommodations, the Assessment Center staff should be notified when the student seeks approval to test at EFSC.
EFSC Assessment Centers charge a $35 service fee to reserve a seat. Additional services charges are collected by our appointment scheduling system, for a total of $38.50 per test session. EFSC students are exempt from this fee only if they are enrolled in an EFSC class during the same semester they test for the external institution. If hard copies must be returned to the home institution, students are also responsible for providing a postage paid envelope for use in returning materials. Fees are collected at the time the appointment is scheduled and are non-refundable.
Requesting an Appointment
We strongly recommend that students do not schedule an appointment without confirming that the EFSC Assessment Center services meet the requirements of their home institution. Not all institutions will approve EFSC Assessment Center services as sufficient for their academic tests. Before scheduling an appointment, students should use the appropriate RegisterBlast link below to submit preliminary information about their testing plans to EFSC's Assessment staff. By submitting this information, students are providing EFSC with the necessary details to assist with approving and coordinating any testing arrangements.
Once an exam is approved, students are responsible for using the RegisterBlast system again to schedule their appointment to take the exam. Exams must be completed within the regular operating hours of the Assessment Center selected by the student. Holidays and college closures are available on the academic calendar.
EFSC Assessment Centers will not refund testing fees if a student’s test session is cancelled due to late arrival or cut short for extending past the Assessment Center’s hours of operation. Rescheduling is not permitted within 72 hours of the scheduled appointment without an additional service fee assessment.
Submitting Exam Materials
All test guidelines and test materials should be submitted by email directly to: ExamSubmissions@easternflorida.edu
Test materials may be returned to the home institution electronically or mailed using the postage-paid envelope provided by the student on the day of their exam.
EFSC Assessment Centers cannot guarantee the services of a specific staff member. Beyond the campus-specific contact information listed above, general inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org