Grade Changes at EFSC

All grade changes must be initiated by the instructor and approved by the appropriate department chair and Dean. If the instructor is no longer a member of the faculty, the department chair may initiate the grade change. Changes must be submitted on a Grade Change Form.

• Grade changes are initiated on the campus where the course was taken. Upon completion of all signatures, forms are forwarded to the Office of the Registrar for processing.

• An instructor’s change of grade should be submitted as soon as possible after the completion of the course. For example, a grade change for a course taught in the fall term should be completed before the end of the following spring term. Grade changes for classes taught in the spring or summer term should be submitted before the end of the following fall term.

• Grade changes or alterations to the student’s academic record cannot be made after a student has graduated.

• Students who do not agree with an instructor’s final grade decision must file an academic appeal through the appropriate College-wide Chair or Dean’s office.

• Each faculty member shall communicate in clear, detailed written form his/her grading policy in the course syllabus.

• Appeals for grade changes must be submitted within two years from the term student took the course. Appeals for grade changes after two years from the term in which the course was taken will not be considered.

Viewing Your Grades

EFSC does not mail grades to students. Grades are available in a printable format on the College website through the myEFSC portal link the day after the date final grades are due from instructors.

You can view a current term's grades in the Titan Web Services area. Previous terms are under Student Records/Final Grades.