1098-T Tuition Statement Information
Due to a change in institutional reporting requirements under federal law, beginning with tax year 2018, the amount paid during the calendar (tax) year for qualified tuition and related expenses (QTRE), will be displayed in Box 1. In previous years, Form 1098-T included a figure in Box 2 that represented the amount charged to the student’s account for the calendar (tax) year. The college can no longer report charges in Box 2, therefore, Box 2 will be blank.
The dollar amounts reported on Form 1098-T are used for calculating educational tax credits. To see if you qualify for a credit and for help in calculating the amount of your credit, please visit www.irs.gov for Publication 970, Form 8863, and Form 1040 instructions.
Eastern Florida State College is unable to provide individuals with tax advice. For advice with determining how to use the information from Form 1098-T, please seek the counsel of a professional tax consultant.
How to Access Your 1098-T through the EFSC Website
Log in to the myEFSC Student Services Portal
In the Titan Single Sign-On Box, Enter your B number and Password
Click on: Titan Web Icon
- Click on: Student Services; then Accounts Receivable; then click Tax Notification
- Enter the tax year you wish to view and/or print and click the submit button
Please note the following related to the 1098-T
- Box 1 shows the total amount of all payments received less any reimbursements or refunds made during the calendar year that relate to the payments received for qualified tuition and related expenses (QTRE) during the same calendar (tax) year.
- Box 2 will be blank, as of the 2018 tax year.
- Box 4 shows any adjustment for a prior year for qualified tuition and related expenses that were reported on a prior year Form 1098-T.
- Box 5 shows the total amount of all payments received from third parties, scholarships and grants, administered by the college.
- Box 6 shows adjustments from third parties, scholarships, and grants during the tax year, that relate to amounts reported on a prior year Form 1098-T.
For questions regarding the amounts reported on your 1098-T, please email StudentAccounts@easternflorida.edu or call 321-433-5506.