- COVID Tracking
COVID-19 Safety, Reporting, Return to Campus Information
Page updated August 15, 2022 to reflect new CDC Guidance
With the return of full-capacity classes and events, Eastern Florida State College continues to take a number of steps to protect students, faculty and staff from COVID-19. They include:
Vaccination Not Required, Strongly Encouraged
Vaccination is the best way to protect yourself and others, and is strongly encouraged. The college has provided periodic on-campus vaccination sites. Information is also provided on off-campus locations in Brevard County.
Masks Optional, Still Allowed
Masks remain a highly effective way to stop the spread of the virus.
Reporting Potential Exposures
Students, faculty and staff who have been exposed to COVID through a close contact, but have NO Symptoms or have not tested positive, must report the exposure to EFSC but are no longer required to quarantine based on updated CDC guidance. However, the CDC does recommend that a high-quality mask is worn for ten days and a person is tested on day 5 after the exposure. Faculty and staff must report the exposure to COVID Response Officer Sgt. Ricky Carswell at email@example.com and EFSC students must report the exposure to the Dean of Students Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-433-5591.
Reporting Positive COVID Cases and Symptoms
Students, faculty and staff who have developed COVID symptoms or tested positive with or without symptoms must report the positive test results or the development of symptoms following the appropriate reporting process below. Individuals in this category must also self-isolate and remain away from Campus until they have been cleared for return following the student and employee processes below.
- Immediately contact the Dean of Students Office at email@example.com or 321-433-5591. If calling after hours, leave a voicemail message. Remain self-isolated, away from Campus, until you have been cleared for return.
- Once you have made contact, the Dean of Students Office will contact our COVID-19 Officer with your contact information and answer questions you may have about the need for any academic accommodations with your instructors.
- The COVID-19 Officer will contact you by phone (please have your voicemail box set up).
- It is the responsibility of the student to contact their instructors to make alternative learning plan arrangements for coursework missed during quarantine.
- You will be given a return to campus date based on your situation (each situation may be different depending on the specific circumstances).
- On the date of your return you must meet with security on your campus to be cleared (Every campus has a security department.)
- If cleared, you will receive an “Authorization to Return To Campus Form" completed by security to show your instructors.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: A student will NOT BE ALLOWED BACK in class until they have the "Authorization to Return to Campus Form" completed by security. View the August 29, 2022 version of EFSC's COVID Tracking Procedure for more detailed information about the return to campus process for students.
- Make three required notifications: to your supervisor via phone or email, to Human Resources AVP Darla Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org and to COVID Response Officer Sgt. Ricky Carswell at email@example.com
- The COVID Response Officer or designated representative will get the needed information from you for the COVID-19 Initial Reporting Form.
- Self-isolate as directed by staying at home or if you are on campus, go home. Monitor your symptoms, follow CDC guidance, and seek medical care if necessary.
- You can return to Campus ONLY when cleared by EFSC's COVID Response Officer and the date will vary based on your circumstances. View the August 29, 2022 version of EFSC's COVID Tracking Procedure for more detailed information about the return to campus process for employees.
Related Resources & Contacts
Cocoa Campus Security: 321-403-5907
Melbourne Campus Security: 321-403-5909
Palm Bay Campus Security: 321-403-5911
Titusville Campus Security: 321-403-4200
Dean of Students Office: 321-433-5591
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is updating its guidance about what constitutes
a close contact. Visit the CDC's COVID exposure web page for the latest information.
EFSC's Official Case Tracking Procedure includes various forms that the College's COVID-19 Response Officer will utilize to document the various scenarios. Abbreviated as C19-RO, the COVID-19 Response Officer could be an EFSC security officer or other college employee designated to take the initial student or employee report and then follow it through to resolution, including coordination of the necessary campus-related contact tracing and return to campus approval. Each scenario will include the “Earliest Date of Return,” which is calculated differently depending on the specific scenario method detailed on the appropriate form.
Additional COVID-19 Guidance for EFSC Staff
Eastern Florida State College COVID-19 Confirmed Cases Report
This chart reflects positive cases of COVID-19 that have impacted students, faculty or staff associated with EFSC, starting with the most recent reports.
|Month Reported||Total Cases||Response|
|January 2023||49||Individuals quarantined. Exposures notified and quarantined. In some cases, no other exposures reported.|
|November 2022||13||Individuals quarantined. Exposures notified and quarantined. In some cases, no other exposures reported.|
|October 2022||35||Individuals quarantined. Exposures notified and quarantined. In some cases, no other exposures reported.|