- Military & Veterans Service Center
- Credit for Military Experience
- Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) Credit Evaluation Guidelines
- DOD Military OneSource Postsecondary Education Complaint System
- EFSCares Student Counseling Service
- Facebook Group: EFSC Collegiate Veterans Society
- U.S. Veterans Affairs Dept.
- GI Bill Application
- Financial Aid Federal Application (FAFSA)
- Boots to Books Workshop Participants
Serving Veterans at EFSC
VA Educational Benefits Certification
After registering for classes, EFSC students must submit a request to have benefits certified by the Military & Veterans Service Center — and if classes are added or dropped after the first certification request, must submit a change request. Use the link to view information and online form links for each process.
Active military personnel, veterans and their families who are attending Eastern Florida State College can access special services to meet their often unique educational and personal needs through the collegewide Military & Veterans Service Center (MVSC).
Specialized services include:
- Priority Registration: Priority course registration for an upcoming semester is available to active-military students, student veterans, and military/veteran dependents who have made prior contact with the EFSC Military & Veterans Services by self-identifying as one of these students or by submitting an EFSC MVS Certification Request form. Eastern Florida State College exceeds federal and state requirements related to priority registration by offering this priority service, until the time they graduate, to all veteran/military students – including those not using G.I. Bill® benefits – and veteran/military dependents (if dependents have used G.I. Bill® benefits during part of their time at EFSC).
- Provide information on VA educational benefits and access to veteran-specific financial aid information
- Information on your educational costs to assist with planning through your College Financing Plan which is available to accepted veteran students after logging in to the myEFSC Portal and selecting Titan Web; then Financial Aid Services; then choose the Federal Shopping Sheet box and select the aid year from the dropdown menu to view your personalized plan. See a how-to-guide for accessing your Federal Shopping Sheet.
- Academic advising and course schedule planning
- A student orientation program tailored for veterans
- Training for faculty and staff on the special assistance veterans may need inside and outside the classroom.
- A computer work area where veterans can get help accessing information on their VA benefits.
- Coordination with Collegiate Veterans Society, a student club dedicated to help fellow veterans in the transition from military to college life. Please visit the CVS Facebook Group. for meeting days, times, and upcoming events.
- VA Work Study opportunities
- Certification for VA educational benefits
The Service Center has locations on the Cocoa and Melbourne Campuses, but serves students on all campuses via phone, email, or Microsoft Teams online appointments.
*All newly admitted and transfer students are required to complete the new student orientation (available online). All veterans or service members who are first time in college students must attend a mandatory advising session with a Veteran's Center advisor, and may register at the end of that session. Call an EFSC Military and Veterans Service Center to schedule this advising appointment.
For resources & veterans educational benefits assistance EFSC students from any campus can call, email or visit a service center for walk-in assistance or use the links below to schedule an appointment.
Current EFSC Students: Log in to the myEFSC Portal and select the Navigate/Student Resources icon; choose Military & Veterans Services
under appointment type.
Future Students with no EFSC login: Click to request an appointment. You will then be contacted via email.
Service Center Locations & Hours
Monday - Thursday, 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Bldg. 11, Rm. 113
1519 Clearlake Road
Cocoa, FL 32922
Bldg. 2, Rm. 125
3865 North Wickham Road
Melbourne, FL 32935