Student Housing Living Guide
Student Housing at EFSC Melbourne
April 13, 2022 Update: The online student housing application for the 2022-2023 academic year has closed. The number of applications received has exceeded supply and a lenghty waitlist is already in place. See the Housing Info Box for Move-In Dates.
Study and live on-campus at Eastern Florida State College! EFSC's Residence Hall on the Melbourne Campus is a fully air conditioned 96-bed facility divided into furnished suites with four individual bedrooms, two shared bathrooms, a shared full kitchen and a common living room.
Students accepted into on-campus housing must sign a contract by academic year, with residents who commit to two major terms (ie: Fall and Spring) having first preference for housing placement and first preference for the optional summer term. Fall-only or Spring-only contracts are available on a space available basis after full academic year residents have been placed.
Review the amenities below, as well as the housing application process and housing costs and payment options. You can also view our photo gallery showing interior images of suites. More info is also available on the housing Frequently Asked Questions page.
Housing Amenities & Resources
Amenities & Resources
On-Site Residential Assistants
Residential Assistants, or RAs, are student/staff members living in the student housing community. Their primary objective is to assist residents in any way possible.
RAs can be among the most helpful and resourceful people you will get to know. Carefully selected because of their leadership and interpersonal skills, positive attitudes and sense of commitment, RAs have many roles and responsibilities. They help to build a sense of community in your student housing. They serve as a resource for information and tips on adjusting to college life. They conduct safety and security checks, and they ensure that student housing policies are followed.
Your RA is your main point of contact in the student housing. They will make an intentional effort to connect with you regularly over the year. You can talk with them about a variety of issues, and they will connect you with other staff and college resources if needed.
All living rooms in the student housing facility receive the basic cable offered in Brevard County at no additional charge. There is no wired cable in the bedrooms, only streaming via WiFi. Channel lineups will be available upon request.
A community laundry facility with energy- and water-efficient washers and dryers is located in Building 12, outside the main housing facility. Instructions for using the washers and dryers are posted. Weekends will most likely be the busiest times in the laundry room, so plan accordingly. The laundry area and all equipment should be left clean. To report a broken machine, please contact an RA to place a maintenance work order.
All suites and rooms are equipped with WiFi for wireless Internet access.
Room Accommodations (Including bed size)
- Beds are Twin XL size (These are the longer twin beds that use size Twin XL bed linens)
- Decorations are allowed and encoruaged if they do not create health and safety concerns, pose a fire hazard or cause damage to the room. Check the Student Housing Guide for more info and you can also speak to the Residential Assistant (RA) about permitted decorations.
- Appliances permitted in bedrooms are small microwaves, mini-refrigerators of 5 cubic feet or less plugged directly into the wall; and automatic shut-off coffeemakers.
- Personal appliances should require no more than 1,000 watts.
- See the Student Living Guide for additional details on extra appliances permitted in kitchens only.
Study rooms are located in Building 12 and the Student Union (Building 16) and are available for use by all EFSC students. These study rooms provide a tranquil retreat for residents looking for a place to study or complete group projects with little to no distraction.
Located in Building 12 and the Student Union (Building 16), the recreation areas offer the perfect gathering spaces for EFSC students. Amenities in the recreation areas include:
- Pool table
- Gaming area
- Lounge furniture
- Large, flat screen television
- Vending machines
- Spring 2022 Move-Out Date: May 6, 2022
- Summer 2022 Move-In Date: May 12, 2022
- Summer 2022 Move-Out Date: August 5, 2022
- Fall 2022 (Athletes Move-In Date): July 20, 2022, 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- Fall 2022 (Traditional Students Move-In Date): August 10, 2022, 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- Orientation: August 11 & 12, 2022
Student Housing Living Guide [Online]
Student Housing Living Guide [Downloadable PDF]