- Our Campuses
- Student Housing
- Student Housing Application Process
EFSC Housing Application Process
Please Note: EFSC is now accepting student housing applications and preparing to make
assignments for the 2023-2024 Academic Year which begins with Fall Term 2023 (classes
begin August 14). The second student housing building is currently under construction
and expected to be completed and ready for occupancy immediately prior to the start
of Fall Term. EFSC will notify applicants assigned to that building if occupancy is
delayed for any reason.
Review the housing costs and payment options as you prepare to apply for EFSC Student Housing. Additional information also is available on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
• To be eligible for on-campus housing, a student must be registered for a minimum of twelve (12) credit hours upon the move-in date for both of the major semesters (fall and spring). They must also be in good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA at end of each term), have no unpaid obligations owing to the College, not be suspended (even temporarily) or expelled, or trespassed from College property.
• Room availability in on-campus student housing is limited. Students accepted into on-campus housing must sign a contract by academic year, with residents who commit to two major terms (ie: Fall and Spring) having first preference for housing placement and first preference for the optional summer term. Fall-only or Spring-only contracts are available on a space available basis after full academic year residents have been placed.
• Applications will be processed in the order they are received, and the application
fee must be paid within 14 calendar days of submitting an online application. It can
be paid online at the link below. If paying by check, the envelope must be postmarked
within 14 days of submitting the application. If you prefer to mail in your Housing Application Fee, send the check (payable to
"EFSC Student Housing Corporation") to:
Lena Copeland, Director of Support Services
Eastern Florida State College
3865 North Wickham Road, Building 16, Room 104
Melbourne, FL 32935
• To apply for on-campus student housing, a student must complete a two-step process that includes submitting the housing application online and paying the non-refundable* $150 application fee:
• Applications with timely paid application fees (i.e. paid or postmarked within 14 days of application submission) will be considered in the order in which they are received. Applications with late or no application fees will not be considered “received” until such time as the application fee is actually received.
• Any application not offered a housing spot prior to the start of the term will be kept on file for future availability, which will be offered in the initial order of receipt.
• Students who apply for on-campus housing, including timely payment of the application fee, during a time when rooms have already been filled will be notified by email of their status on the waiting list.
*Housing Application Fee Notice: Applicants not offered a housing spot prior to the start of the term may withdraw their application and request a full refund of the $150 housing application fee. Once a housing spot has been offered to an applicant, the housing application fee is non-refundable for any reason.