Promoting Civic Literacy
The Civic Engagement Committee at Eastern Florida State College strives to create new pathways to promote civic engagement opportunities that line up with the Florida College System's Civics Literacy initiative.
Goals and Functions
- Prepare students for employment in a dynamically changing global community
- Involve staff, faculty, and students in diverse community activities that enhance civic engagement, leadership, and empowerment
- Promote non-partisan, participatory civic literacy or understanding of local, state, and federal governmental structure and public policy issues
- Foster community partnership opportunities both on and off campus
- Infuse civic engagement into the college culture for both students and employees
Civic Engagement Resources
IMPORTANT NOTE: The collegewide service-learning team is located on the 3rd floor of Cocoa Campus
Bldg. 12. Use the contacts below to connect with the expert who serves your primary
Our office is open for walk-in services, or request an appointment to minimize your wait as we accommodate social distancing. We can also assist students with service-learning questions and documentation remotely via Microsoft Teams. Click for Teams access info.
Bldg. 12, Rm. 305
|Palm Bay Campus
|Melbourne Campus||Rachel Allen